Thursday, February 24, 2011

I think they would like it

I have not watched this new show everyone is buzzing about called Portlandia, but I hear that it is incredibly on point when it comes to Portland culture and pretention. It got me to thinking a lot about the atmosphere in Portland; what I like and dislike about it, and what type of people are drawn to Portland. And that got me to thinking about a specific group of people that I think would like Portland very much...Hobbits.
If you think about it, Portland is the perfect city for Hobbits. We have great ale here, terrific food, and plenty of pipe weed. In addition, everyone is so relaxed and laid back, and people are free to be whoever they want to be. Plus, there are a ton of community gardens for growing beautiful plants and vegetables, and countless parks and green spaces for exploring and connecting with nature.
All in all, I could see the Hobbits resettling in northwest Portland, near Forest Park, and being very content enjoying the local micro's, the boutique grocery stores, and the pungent west coast pipe weed.

2 comments:

Naomi said...

I'll take this to mean you STILL haven't watched those video clips I sent you a couple weeks ago...grrrr

Anonymous said...

You, sir, are a mangler!