Thursday, September 13, 2007

Blah......

What is it that gives one that sort of blah....(dots necessary) feeling at different points during their day, week, year, life, etc.? Is it the weather.....couldn't be, I've been terribly happy in the worst weather. Is it money...I could concede that money can be a factor in making one unhappy, but I don't think that's exactly the type of unhappy I'm talking about. Could it be love.....yeah, it could be, but I think we both know it's not. I really think that that blah.... feeling we get throughout our lives is a direct result of our knowledge of our own demise. The imminent fear of death that we all live with from the time we're born to the time we cease. And to accompany that fear is the added fear (ironically opposite of the known fear of death) of the uknown circumstances that await us upon our ultimate demise. I don't particularly fear death, and because of my religious beliefs (or lack thereof) I'm not too concerned with my soul simply ceasing to be, but I will add that if possible I think it would be my desire to live forever. There has been and forever will be more things that I would have liked to do - either now I'm too old, or too poor, or the thing doesn't exist anymore. I think the bottom line is that we'd all feel a lot better if goddamn scientists would get off their asses and figure out a way for humans to live forever. Come on, I know that there's someone out there with an incredibly complex mind that understands what makes the human body break down, and how we can stop if not reverse this process from occurring. I think that will be my new goal in life, to champion the scientific discovery of that long cherished idea of immortality. See you in a few millenia.

No comments: